The Bengts farm is named after Bengt Pehrsson, who was a member of Parliament in the early 1800s. A few stones in the courtyard show where the one-room cottage stood in which he and his parents lived.
The current farmhouse is the youngest building in the hamlet; it was constructed in 1850 by Bengt Pehrsson’s six grandsons. The barn, on the other hand, is from the first half of the 1600s and is likely the hamlet’s oldest building.
The building is located on a southern slope. This means that in principle, it lies directly on the ground along its northern side, and on a dry stack foundation that is between 42 and 120 cm high on the other side.
In 1902, Petter sold the house to his son Anders Pettersson. In 1907, Anders transferred the house to his daughter Albertina and her husband Johan August Andersson from Gällinge parish. Johan August was nicknamed “Göken” because he lived at Gökenskulle before moving to Äskhult with Albertina. Their daughter was called Göka-Hanna until she renamed herself Hanna Göök.
When Johan August came home from the United States in 1914, he enlarged the farmhouse with a sloped roof extension to make the kitchen bigger.
Anna-Lina moved back here after having served the Brogren family in Släp for many years. At that time, her brother-in-law Johan August and his daughter Hanna lived in Bengts.
In 1958, Hanna Göök sold the farm to the Gothenburg Diocesan Committee.
During the summer, the Bengts farmhouse serves as a café with a buffet and sales of handicrafts.