Johannes Svensson was the name of the man who moved here in 1820 when he married the daughter of the house, Kristina Pehrsdotter.
Johannes and his son Anders were skilled carpenters, turners, and painters. They manufactured everything from beautifully decorated clothing chests to cupboards, wooden bowls, round storage boxes called äskor, and barrels.
In 1875, Anders’s sons Johannes and Olof took over the farm. Olof was a clogmaker and had five children; Johannes had eight children. They lived in crowded conditions, and the children had to sleep under the looms.
Olof had an alcohol problem, and had to move after a few years. He then became a crofter under his brother. But Johannes also drank, and had to leave the farm, which was sold at compulsory auction. The asking price was 3,000 Swedish crowns, but the merchant August Andersson in Kungsbacka purchased the farm for 2,000. After a couple of days, he assigned the purchase away to Petter Olsson in the village of Bykärr in Gällinge parish.
In 1906, Olsson’s widow Johanna and their sons Carl and Gottfrid Pettersson inherited the farm. Johanna became a widow when she was only 44 years old. She was, fortunately, a woman with a strong business sense who slaughtered cows, calves, and pigs herself.
Carl emigrated to the United States, where he died of Spanish flu in 1918.
When their mother died in 1929, Gottfried became the owner of the farm. He was a bachelor, and left no children after him.
Today, the farm is used for the “farmers” of the West Coast Foundation staff, and for guides and café staff.